About the company
We are a fast paced startup building the future of decentralized finances. Our purpose is to democratize affordable access to digital assets and stablecoins to all individuals in the world.
Defiant is a self-custodial multi-blockchain wallet that is enabling anyone to have and use cryptocurrencies in a very simple manner and without hassle. Financial freedom for everyone.
Position within the company
Senior Ruby on Rails developer
Short and long-term goals
The chosen candidate will help design and implement Defiant backend architecture to address thousands of users utilizing the platform simultaneously.
During 2021, the dev team will meet very rich and diverse milestones, with an expected exponential user increase. They will also tackle the integration of a variety of new DeFi projects to the app, layer-2 technologies on different blockchains, developing inhouse dapps, and much more.
As in any startup, the hiree will engage in all aspects of the company, at all levels; a major and rare opportunity to gain first-hand experience in diverse areas not strictly related to software development. We expect her/him to become a leader and provide guidance to future newcomers, and help communicate the company values she/he has contributed to creating.
Candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of experience using RoR for production-level applications.
- Experience in versioned Rails APIs, addressing requests from a variety of devices.
- CI/CD workflows and practices including automated testing with Github Actions, Circle CI, or others.
- DevOps experience: AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku or other cloud platforms.
- Experience in DevOps practices using Docker or Kubernetes.
- Passion for clean and consistent code, documentation and testing.
It would be ideal for the candidate to also have:
- Experience with other server frameworks (NodeJS, Django, Laravel, or others).
- A strong focus on security.
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies, at least from a user’s perspective.
Soft skills expected
The candidate will be part of an agile, horizontal and goal-driven team, working remotely. So she/he should be able to manage her/his own time, be good at decision making, and used to work driven by objectives.
Good communication skills will be needed also to share their knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, both technical and non-technical staff. Also because important strategic and tactical decisions are often made by the teams themselves.
Pay appropriate to the position and on cryptocurrency (stablecoin).
Please send us an email with the subject “RoR Developer” containing your CV, and tell us why you would like to join our team.